Java Projects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  

Math Club Officers

Go down 
+2
Chii
Munchlax
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Munchlax
He who eats
He who eats
Munchlax

Male Number of posts : 31
Job/hobbies : Eating
Projects : Heavenly Divine Mana Sword Tales of Mana: The Manaful Journey for Mana
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Math Club Officers Empty
PostSubject: Math Club Officers   Math Club Officers EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 3:29 pm

President
Tiffany Sha

Vice-President
Kenny Hoyt

Secretary
Claudia Wei

Treasurer
Kelli Chan

Parliamentarian
An Le

Honorary Member
Grant Yuan

Webmaster
Michael Levin

Last edited by Munchlax on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Munchlax
He who eats
He who eats
Munchlax

Projects : Heavenly Divine Mana Sword Tales of Mana: The Manaful Journey for Mana

Math Club Officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Math Club Officers   Math Club Officers EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 3:40 pm

Blah blah nerd rage!

Math Club Officers 12083010

Blah blah nerd rage!

Last edited by Munchlax on Fri May 02, 2008 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chii
Developer
Developer
Chii

Female Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Math Club Officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Math Club Officers   Math Club Officers EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:56 am

I would have a complaint as well, but you said exactly what was on my mind - -
Back to top Go down
Marth
Developer
Developer
Marth

Male Number of posts : 165
Job/hobbies : Breaking Eric's Java

Math Club Officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Math Club Officers   Math Club Officers EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:57 am

As PettyJohn said, a popularity contest.

At least, the jobs are so...casual...that it really doesn't matter (president just reads off the ppt at meetings).

Personally, I think I got the most involved job lol.
Back to top Go down
Java_illiterate1337
Illiterate
Illiterate
Java_illiterate1337

Male Number of posts : 51
Job/hobbies : sleeping...
Projects : World domination, nuking Africa..
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Math Club Officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Math Club Officers   Math Club Officers EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 3:37 pm

???

Last edited by Java_illiterate1337 on Thu May 29, 2008 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Cooled down)
Back to top Go down
Marth
Developer
Developer
Marth

Math Club Officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Math Club Officers   Math Club Officers EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 3:48 pm

Java_illiterate1337 wrote:
Why give Ward hell? I doubt she could do anything, she has to follow the rules too. If anything we have to prevent this from happening again by changing the system.
Not all of us voted for Tiffany and Kenny, most of the regulars voted for you and Zhenzheng.

Even though I disagree with the results Eric, you should have given a better speech... A good speech would have probably won you more votes, pobably not enough to win as seen by Zhenzheng's example,, but more, as you are the logical choice for VP.
We all could have spent much more effort campaigning - putting up signs or just preparing a real campaign speech.

I'm not surprised Tiffany won with her poem, because it seemed like no one else really cared. The speeches were lame and more of a short introduction than a officer speech.

We really shouldn't be complaining about the results as barely anyone tried. Without real campaigns, it could not be anything but a popularity contest. Hopefully, next year people won't make the same mistake.
Back to top Go down
Temujin
Illiterate
Illiterate
Temujin

Male Number of posts : 92
Job/hobbies : Riding horses and training in the way of the bow
Projects : Hydroelectric Powered Missile Defense System
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Math Club Officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Math Club Officers   Math Club Officers EmptyThu May 01, 2008 6:10 pm

so the fuck wat? she comes up there with a poem? that doesnt make a difference...if u vote for someone just because they have a poem then ur fucking stupid. half the juniors in that room on that day were fucking retards...michael u think they wont vote blindly next year? this is america michael where 60% of the population are fucking retarded.....godammit i wanted zhenzheng to be president...and seriously Ani no one really gives a fuck about speeches because most of those fucking retards in math club are too stupid to care about who is the best choice....u wanna change the system? kill all the fucking ignorant and stupid people....godammit i refuse to stand alongside officers who dont deserve their fucking rank...if i wasnt officer i would probably stop going to math club....godammit i wanna fucking kill someone....
Back to top Go down
Marth
Developer
Developer
Marth

Math Club Officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Math Club Officers   Math Club Officers EmptyFri May 02, 2008 11:22 am

Temujin, please read the rules, and remember not to spam cuss words. Let's at least appear somewhat civilized rather than representatives of the general population of America.

I agree that this vote was a popularity contest, but personally I think that we got what we deserved seeing as how we never tried to elevate it to the next level.

Tiffany, who is really the only person that spent significant time out of school to make the poem, won because of that. Everyone else made speeches (most were lame) and so no one, except zhenzheng, seemed qualified. Zhenzheng's however, did not measure up to the obvious time Tiffany spent as there really was no indication it wasn't impromptu.

EDIT: nvm about Zhenzheng's speech, I forgot she was reading off a paper...

Last edited by Marth on Sat May 03, 2008 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Munchlax
He who eats
He who eats
Munchlax

Math Club Officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Math Club Officers   Math Club Officers EmptyFri May 02, 2008 8:13 pm

There was plenty of indication that is wasn't impromptu. She had the paper sitting in front of her.

For one thing, I'm pretty sure she didn't even write, considering the way she squinted and stumbled over the words. I think Livia or someone wrote it for here.

~~~

After I've cooled down a little bit. Yeah it seems like I could have done more to run for the position. I could have made a speech, etc, etc.

But blah, it's in the past now. Let's hope our new officers devote some meaningful amount of time to the club.

Please lock this topic, Michael.
Back to top Go down
Temujin
Illiterate
Illiterate
Temujin

Math Club Officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Math Club Officers   Math Club Officers EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:19 pm

Munchlax wrote:
Blah blah nerd rage!

Math Club Officers 12083010

Blah blah nerd rage!
lol nice post u got here eric. where did you find the pic? blah blah nerd rage lol...eric does pyroblast for amazing 8k crit...lol btw my WoW char's name is Mecrush and im the meat shield paladin of your dreams
Back to top Go down
Iggie!
CompSci Master
CompSci Master
Iggie!

Male Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : stealing your codes
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Math Club Officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Math Club Officers   Math Club Officers EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:15 pm

Just as a quick note to people who may not have been at/remember elections from previous years, the speeches given were fairly representative of speeches every year. People don't normally give speeches; they give brief introductions. Regardless, keep me up to date with what happens next year. I'm rather interested in how you guys will fare.
Back to top Go down
Temujin
Illiterate
Illiterate
Temujin

Math Club Officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Math Club Officers   Math Club Officers EmptyThu May 29, 2008 6:13 pm

will do. next year is gonna be more fun with a bunch of retards who don't know what the hell they are doing....-_-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Math Club Officers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Math Club Officers   Math Club Officers Empty

Back to top Go down

Math Club Officers
Page 1 of 1